Thursday 20 March 2008

Lady Beard (Bearded Ladies)


My nephew and his two little ones called to day. I decided to make an effort despite my pain and lack of energy. After washing, teeth cleaning and getting dressed I was exhausted. But there's one more thing I had to do the "Lady Beard" I only have a few hairs but good ones if you know what I mean. While ridding my self of the unwanted growth it made me think about my Auntie Glad. She had a few long wayward beard hairs. I loved her and when I was small would go for a hugs and later kiss her good bye as we left, on these occasions I was transfixed on her chin.
Now at fifty two it made me think I don't want to be remembered as Aunt Lynda with the beard!
When I was a child circuses and fares sometimes had a freak shows! Thank who ever we don't any more. In these so called shows they nearly always had a woman with a beard. I not knowing any different thought it amazing that a 'Lady' could grow a full beard. I suppose in the fifties/sixties most women kept face hair a secret (as do some women today), they must have as no woman openly said I have a problem with a five a clock shadow! or else to be seen as a freak themselves. How stupid most middle aged women have facial hair they would be a freak if they didn't. So come on woman don't be ashamed any more just deal with the hair if it bothers you. Don't think you freak growing chin hair most women do. And I've talked to a lot who have the same problem and was relived that it wasn't just them.

No comments: