Thursday 15 May 2008

Birthday Girl


Monday the 12th of May my 53rd Birthday!
It started off with the opening of Birthday cards and presents. Ruth was here and she had brought me a gorgeous bunch of flowers and a box of chocs yum yum! Vivyan and John sent a bottle of very very nice smelly, which I put on immediately.
After a quick slice of toast, it was straight to Auntie Irene's to drop Sylvia off (Sylvia Andy's Mum). Auntie Irene is lovely but you can't stay long because she is a heavy smoker and the house takes your breath away if you aren't used to it.
Next a trip to see Professor Venibles (neurologist) at the hospital, I know how to have a good time on my birthday!
What a waste of time! When we saw the proff he said "why have you come I said I didn't need to see you again in hospital". my replay was "I know I came because your secretary sent a letter telling me to". So not to wast our time we asked him for a prognosis, he told me he couldn't give me one. He did say that the up and downs I have been having will continue and the lack of energy is a part of it. So nothing new except I know what to expect with the Arnold Chiari.
Again the conversation and energy used to get to see the proff made my legs like jelly, yes a wheelchair was needed yet again.
We lunched on mardy food, good old fish and chips! Nothing better.
After a good rest my birthday was back on track. Andy took me to a local garden centre to buy me some tropical fish for my birthday. The garden centre has wheelchairs so Andy wheeled me from the car around the centre, were we bought fish, a hat each and some gardening hand tools that my Uncle David was buying me. Then extremely tired but happy back home.
Andy helped me from the car to the house, when we arrived there was a very big bunch of flowers waiting from Andy's Sister (Angie), her husband Harry, and the girls Hannah, Colette, Leonie and Kitty. It of course caused a tear or two, it was so nice of them. I do miss them all, can't wait until I'm a little better and can be visited, or better still visit all our brothers and sisters. I spent the rest of the day in bed as my eyes were going in different directions, wobbly legs that was having trouble holding me up and a rotten head ache. There I had to stay for a couple of days, the only exception a trip to the doctors.
All worth it I had a lovely birthday, shame about the trip to the hospital though, but never mind.

No comments: