Wednesday 16 April 2008

Will Andy need L plates?


One of those middle of the night posts.
I when to the pain clinic today. Pain clinic it sounds like some where you go to get pain, not pain relief!
Any way I will not see an immediate change in pain levels. The way I read it is they can't cure this kind of pain, I have to learn ways of reducing its level, by at first total relaxation. We talked about different methods to relax, and was given deep breathing exercises to do three times a day. This will help me and my body to totally relax and in doing this help to readjust the way my body's pain receptors work. All very complicated.
I confronted a big step in my physical self today. After walking from the car park to the clinic, I was tired. Then after talking which I find just as tiring if not more so when I have to concentrate, I was totally bushed (had it, kaput)and later in a lot of pain). Andy had to borrow a wheel chair to get me back to the car! This made me realise that I need to use a chair at the moment if I want to go any where. I felt very self conscious sat in the chair, it felt like people might think, she looks healthy enough to walk the lazy cow!
This brought me to think, because you can't see the physical health problems I have, and because Ive always tried to hide/put on a show to cover the pain and fatigue, only a few people realize what I'm going through. Dose it really matter what people think, when I'm sat in a wheel chair. So off with the old and on with the new confident this is who I am at this time! And let people think what they want, the only people that really matter I think already understand and if they don't that's their problem. I do feel sorry for Andy though he's the one pushing! do you think he needs L plates?

No comments: