Friday 4 April 2008

Happy Birthday


Its Andy's 54th birthday, and for the next one month, one week and one day I will be reminding him I'm two years younger than him. I really enjoy teasing him about it, and over the next thirty eight days I be doing just that. I don't think it really bothers him but he plays along any way, it pleases me no end.
Jane and the grandchildren came to day bearing gifts. Finlay has been practicing singing happy birthday, in a way only a two year old can, and of course helped his Grandad to blow out the candles on his cake. Andy did well with the cards this year, he usually gets quite a few. This year most of the cards where hand made by the sender which is fantastic.
I can't believe Andy is fifty-four and I'm fifty three this year. We met when I was seventeen and Andy eighteen. His opening lines were unusual but obviously worked "I have two Led Zeppelin tickets". What he neglected to tell me was that only one was his! very sleigh indeed. If I knew then what I know now I would do exactly the the same, its been good.

No comments: