Wednesday 16 April 2008

Hand Rails, Wheel Chairs and Stair Lifts?


Corrine a occupational therapist from the social services came to see me today. She came to see if I need any equipment or any other help. I have had as few problems coming to terms with my health and especially my lack of stamina.
She measured the steps out side our back door ready to fit a hand rail. which will be useful especially in winter as they can get very slippy. We also talked about a wheel chair for when I go out. This was very difficult, I know it makes sense it just, well doesn't feel right. In my head I'm able to walk, in reality I can't walk far, consequently it means that we don't go out any where. So a wheel chair is on its way. It will be very trying using it at first, and I will only use it when I have no other option, and I've got to face it at the moment I have no other option. The last thing Corrine suggested was a stair lift for the times that I am feeling very weak or having balance problems. She's probably right, but I need more time to think about it, its all a bit much at the moment.

No comments: