Friday 18 July 2008

Isamu Noguchi Opening



















I had a wonderful day yesterday. Andy and myself went to the opening of Isamu Noguchi at Yorkshire Sculpture Park Nr Wakefield. What a wonderful exhibition, we will be going back very soon to see it again. Anthony Gormley introduced Isamu Noguchi work and declared it open. They're must have been 300 people invited on the day, so space around the work was limited. Isamu Noguchi sculpture are so tactile and full of gut feelings and work on themes that are an intrest to me. You need to spend quite a time with each one to get the most out of it, and then go back and get more, something you can't do when it's so crowded. I hope we can get back to see it in the next couple of weeks, may be have a picnic as well.
I worked at YSP for over ten years as resident sculptor and education officer along side sculptor Gary Cormack. It was lovely seeing my old colleagues and particularly nice seeing Gary as I have only seen him once since I had to retire three years ago through my illness.
Andy has a web-site and in his last post features Isamu Noguchi work in more detail. He would love you to visit his site. just click on to the creative Instint in my links near the top right of the page.

No comments: