Saturday 12 July 2008

Glass Half Full Again




We went to festival in Sheffield today with Jane, Andy, Finlay and Amber. Can't believe how cold it was for the middle of July. We had a lovely walk around the festival stalls, stopping at one tent where drums were being played. They're were three drummers inviting people to join in, Finlay was there like a shot, followed by Jane and the two Andys. The tent was full of about twenty drummers, it sounded very good to say it was mainly 'Joe Public' playing. On our way back to Jane's house, Finlay was in his push chair, and I in my wheelchair. Finlay looked at me and said " Grandma what's wrong"? I just said I'd been poorly. He's aways been used to me using a stick, but not in a wheelchair. What a deep question for a child of just over two, bless him.
Later on our way home we called at a shop. I went in by myself to buy some herb tea, to be able to do this was fantastic. Yesterday I felt like crying because my glass was half empty, today I feel like crying because its half full. What a difference a day can make.

No comments: