Thursday 30 October 2008

The plumber's testicles!

I was laid in bed this morning doing a sudoku puzzle when a knock came to the door. It was the plumber, he had come to fix our shower. We had a shower fitted about a month ago and it stopped working last weekend.
Here comes a rant. Why o why when you buy something new do you either have to take it back because its faulty or there's something missing? in this case it worked for a few weeks then the b**!!%^&* stopped working. In the last couple of weeks we have bought a, no correction, two free standing draws for the bathroom. First set from the vastly going down the hill Argos. A two draw set with rattan draws, the cabinet would have fallen over if you sneezed any where near it, the rattan draws were plastic, the wood part of the cabinet was covered in scratches and it smelt wicked! The second set from Wilkinson's much better made from split bamboo in a wooden frame and ready assembled, But once again had a broken draw had to go back to be replaced. We bought new curtains for the hall and landing (isn't landing a odd word for the top of the stairs? I suppose you could say you have landed on top of the stairs after walking up, but landing imply you have flown up and landed on. But what should it be called? a got there? on the finish? upstairs hall, who knows). Back to the curtains, they had a tie back missing. lastly a wooden jigsaw for the grandchildren, we put it together to check it, not because we are big kids, yeah right! it had a piece broken and the edges were tatty on a couple of bits aaaaaaaaaaaar and grrrrrrrrrr.
Back to the plumber, who seemed very nice and chatty. It was so funny listening to Andy and him talk to each other. Golf came up and " I haven't played well this year me neither, last year I got a 8? me too. then came Plumber: I got an hernia. Andy: how long have you had that, I bet it's painful. Plumber: Yeah it is. About a month, they treat me for wind at first and gave me Gaviscon, then I went back to the doctor's and said it getting worse. He then went on to describe the conversation between him and the doctor. Plumber to Andy: it hurts all around here, and right down to my tes-tic-ules, he said testicles in a very clear and comically correct, except for a pronounced 'u'. At this point Andy was worried he was going to show him where it hurt. It sound bad but I had all on not to laugh out loud. And no one should laugh at a mans painful 'tes-tic-ules'.

2 comments:

Gaina said...

Hehe, that one really made me chuckle, thanks xx

just between you and me said...

your welcome (: