Tuesday 28 October 2008

the price of porridge

As you know I had a relapse back in February and I haven't been able to go to the supermarket shopping since until a few days ago.
Andy went to do the half weekly shop and I tagged along. I needed shampoo, hair dye and body moisturizer, Andy would get it for me but I wanted the right stuff. No disrespect to Andy, but it can be a mine field for women buying this stuff.
I didn't want to go in the wheel chair so I walked some of the way around, as it would have been to far to much for me to go all the way. But what an eye opener, every thing seems to have doubled in price. When we got to the porridge I couldn't find the home brand I have at 35p a bag, it was there but in different packaging and now 69p that's a 100% raise! and it didn't stop there every thing has gone up at least 50%, how in just eight months? Andy must have got fed up with me saying look at the price of that, how much!
Something else, all these so called half price deals, the supermarket doubles the price on the items then halves it and then promotes it as half price! how stupid do they think we are? I think I should stay at home, or go on TV as one of the grumpy old women, and get payed for it, perhaps then I can afford the porridge.

2 comments:

Gaina said...

'I think I should stay at home, or go on TV as one of the grumpy old women, and get payed for it, perhaps then I can afford the porridge.'

Best closing sentence in a blog ever LOL.

Go to Lidl. Their Moisturiser is lovely and costs a fraction of the expensive crap you find in certain high street chemists (it's bunny friendly too - yay!).

just between you and me said...

Will do Gaina. LOL. and may the porridge be with you.