Monday 23 June 2008

A New Record 7 nightmares in one night























A long Dark Dark night
Where hell holds firm
And there's little light

Come close come close and listen
let me take you to the west
Where the light are low and you can rest

Come to me and follow
to see and not been seen
hold hands with me to Valhalla
and no more may you dream

I don't really want to talk about my nightmares, but I needed to put down the essence of them. I know the poem needs a lot of work, maybe one day I will finish it. I hope not, you can dwell on things far too long. I feel much better for putting it down. I think I will go back to bed now and try and sleep, as last night I got so I was too scared too.

4 comments:

Andy said...

That's dark stuff, my love.

just between you and me said...

I'll get over it, a cuddle from you works wonders.

Angie said...

Hi Lynda
I hope you have slept better over the past few nights. Your poem was very gripping. In the past I use to be able to re-route my dreams if they were of the undesirable nature, but I have lost the nack of it now. Sometimes it got a bit boring because I knew where I was sending my dream to end, but the option was nice!!!!! Oh well my only option these days is to wake Harry up, or rather make a game out of waking Harry up (you know see how hard and long you can pull the hairs on his chest before he starts to stir!!!!!!!)
Sleep well. Hope to see you soon
Lots of love
Angie

just between you and me said...

Hi Angie,
I have had a couple more since then but not as bad. Usually I can wake my self up, these seem to be different, they carry on for a minute or so after. The voices are still there, so dark. Good job I have Andy to give me a cuddle next morning I don't wake him its enough me being awake.