Saturday 7 June 2008

Enjoyable Saturday


I'm still not sleeping well and thought I might be a little tired after a busy day, but I don't feel all that bad considering.
The postman came this morning with a book I ordered last Wednesday. Joy, joy, happy, happy, (Ice Age Britain)I've glanced through and can't wait to read it. Then Uncle David called with a box of maltesers, naughty, naughty, I'm on a diet, yum, yum, in my tum.
This afternoon Angie and Harry came with the girls, baring gifts a plant with deep red flowers, cannot remember whats it's called but very beautiful. We had a lovely afternoon catching up, we don't see enough of them with me unable to travel far, and them having to keep visits short. But that will change as soon as we get the car back and I finally get the wheelchair. There's no rushing the social services, Andy going to ring them once again on Monday.
A good day and I'm really tiered you never know I might sleep through to night, I did a few weeks back I had six hours straight.

2 comments:

Gaina said...

Sounds lovely, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :).

I am going to give wheelchair services a talking-to myself, see if I can find out where I am on 'The List'.

Have you tried play.com for books? They are based in the Channel Islands so there's no VAT and free postage so I get most of my books and DVD's from them now.

just between you and me said...

Hi Gaina
Andy rang wheelchair services and I should be able to go in on Friday to sign the papers for the wheelchair voucher. Clark and Partners have saved me the chair I want, so hopefully I can pick that up as well on the same day. All providing we get the car back, don't want to borrow that car from Ken again.
I will look up play.com and see what they have to offer.