Tuesday 23 September 2008

Feeling sad























Sleeper iv 2004 fabric and resin.
The 9ft sculpture that had to go in the skip



I'm feeling sad.
I am or should I say, Andy and my brother-in-law John are emptying my studio tomorrow. I will have to be ruthless with some of my stuff. Stuff I don't need but have become apart of me, and my studio. Silly things like a part of a ex sculpture that was exhibited for the Vagina Monologues a few years ago. Two armatures for life size sculptures I was working on, and very sadly a nine foot, very dominant, figurative sculpture, too big to take away and store. Two large solid wood work tables, my easy chair and cupboards. Oh so sad. I will get over it but I,m not looking forward to going tomorrow, it will be so very hard. It was my space, where my creativity flowed and was apart of who I am.

No comments: