Thursday 11 September 2008

Dressed and ready


















A bad photograph of a detail of painting I've been working on today (4ft x 1ft) 30cm x 122cm)oil on board


Last night Andy was running through a presentation he was giving today at a well being day, for Life Coaches. He is the creator of a coaching module/program (I'm not sure of the correct terminology for it) designed for professional coaches, called WISER. He has coached me with this tool some time ago (over a year may be two) the session we had was very powerful and gave me strength to create through the challengers I have with health and self belief.
So I'm dresses and ready to paint. I have the paints out, I've got my painting clothes on, and now, I'm too tired! So I'm off to bed and see what a couple of hours sleep will do.
Can't sleep images of what I'm putting down on board are keeping me awake. I tried to meditate to take my mind off it and get to sleep, but no chance. So up I get and start finishing a painting that I started last year before I had a relapse.
God it feels good to get the burning desire to paint and get the images out of your head into reality. I might need to do some tweaking here and there, but I'm quite happy to say it's the first painting I done since last year.
When I finished I thought my head may explode, the pain from concentration was immense. I needed to put cold compresses on my head and neck and lie down. But this is the price I have to pay to create then so bee it. I can't not paint when the images are so strong. It's like ignoring a friend in need or unable to kiss the one you love.
It has to be done I'm unable to turn my back on it, I have tried in the past but that's not who I am.

No comments: