Thursday 21 August 2008

Catch up














One of the painting that was damaged but now ok.

Quite a bit happened around me over the last week or so. Andy has been decorating the hall way and stairs, they're a blog in it's self. Andy hates decorating with a Passion,or should I say dislikes painting quite a bit. He's painted the ceiling and walls, the wood work still needs doing. He's put down laminate flooring in the down stairs hall way (looks pretty good), this he finds he can do and almost enjoy. We haven't yet sorted out the carpet for the stairs and landing, we want a carpet with colour to it, but the shops seem to be full of beige and browns.
We had a busy week Viv, our oldest came to stay and goes back home on Monday we will miss her. It's nice to have her to our selves for a while, John brought her home as he had got a lot of stuff going on and she was unwell. Viv is doing a Masters in Environmental Biology, I think that's right if not I will soon find out! As I said she been ill (more on that later), she a bit of a workaholic and her dissertation is due. Our role is to make sure she doesn't do to much, it's been close but she been good and looking a lot better.
Viv suffers from really bad migraines that can leave her numb down one side and she finds it hard to talk. She has a lot of symptoms that are close to mine, so to rule out Arnold Chiari the hospital gave her a MRI scan. She hasn't got Arnold Chiari thank goodness but has had a slight stroke, probably in the last couple of months. I find this quite worrying but I'm sure if she slows down a little for now and her doctors keep an eye on thing she will be fine.
Moving on, we had some lovely days, last Friday Andy's sister Debbie came with her husband John and their two little girls Georgia and Bonnie. Of course Viv was here and just to make it complete our other two daughters Jane, Ruthie and our grandchildren Finlay and Amber. The children were a joy to watch, and the weather was good for a change. It would have been nice if Angie, Harry and our other nieces were there, but unfortunately that would have been too much for me. Since then I have been trying to recharge my batteries, and I am slowly feeling better.
A week last Monday we went to my old studio to see if we could clean up some of the vandalise paintings. Yes! brill five out of the six could be cleaned, one may need a little touching up but hay better than expected. The painting that had been spray painted stood no chance which a big shame, as it was the last painting I did and was very pleased with it. Hopeful I will be back painting soon, I'm thinking about it quite a bit but still waiting for the energy. It's surprising how much mental energy a abstract painting takes, even when I feel well for me, I feel sapped after it's finished, so intense is the immersion.

No comments: